- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- just over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (If you use peanut butter, it will have a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, try the Deep Dish Cookie Pie, unbaked. instead)
- up to 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed
- Sweetener of choice (see note below, for amount)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, or these: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 to 3 tbsp oats (Ground flax will also work)
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor, and process until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips. (Some commenters have had success with a blender, but I did not. Try that at your own risk, and know the results will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.) If made correctly and blended long enough, this should have the exact texture of real cookie dough!
If you like Kate's yummy recipe, be sure to check out her fun line of quote magnets & coasters at Yellow Door and online.
Like seeing the treats our artists create in the kitchen? Stay in the loop by signing up for our interesting enews in the upper right hand corner of this page.